Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh Those Faces That I Love!

It's been kind of a crazy last two weeks. Besides working a good 40 hours a week I also traveled through most of Wyoming and half way through Nebraska (twice). I spent several days making Valentine's with the grannies, then drove to Sheridan to see my kiddos in Wyoming. When I got home I was lucky enough to host a birthday party for the youngest of my YaYa sisters Diane. (She turned the BIG 50). I also was invited to the 1st. birthday of our adorable little Addy, who spent many months in the hospital at birth but is now just a ball of fire. I then traveled half way across NE to pickup my youngest grannie and two days later took her back. But look at these wonderful faces I saw during my journey.



Diane celebrated her birthday for the 3rd or 4th time at my house. Look at this delicious but HEALTHY cake! YUM!


As with all of our get together's with my YaYa's the time is spent laughing, laughing, laughing - along with a tear or two. We were missing one sister, who left this world less than six months ago. We miss you so much BECKY!!



Twila is our hugger so if you sit next to her.....consider yourself hugged. Renee is our entertainer, she has some of the funniest stories to tell, and being a natural story teller - she always has us in stitches.


One of the things we do best is talk about our grandchildren. Amazingly Twila and Connie could both do imitations to the T of their grannies. Grandma Titty - yes, that is what her grannies call her - shows us the face young miss Avery makes when things don't go her way.



YaYa Jacque - a five time cancer survivor, is just an inspiration to us all. Her words of wisdom are always comforting, she has this innocence about her that is just refreshing.



OOPS here is Diane again - well when it's your birthday you should get a couple photos in.

Then there is Connie! She is a heart attack survivor. Always a health nut, it was a BIG shock to us when not only did she have a heart attack but had to be zapped back to life. Because of this scare we all did a pinky swear to get healthy. And no, she really isn't holding her heart - she is imitating her precious little grandson Parker who stopped to sing one of our nation's proudest songs when visiting the 'Faces' in South Dakota.



Which led Connie to imitate her other little grandson Carson, whose casual attitude may find himself looking under the pew at church instead of sitting in the pew!



But this face is a replica of the granddaughters - you know chit chatting like only little girls can do.


Speaking of chatty little girls - my youngest grannie Emma Jean can talk your leg off. I'm not sure she always knows what she is talking about but talk is what she does best. We made some Valentine's on one of her visits.

My trip to Sheridan gave me the chance to play with and photograph my youngest grannie Lucas. This little guy has to be the happiest little thing ever. Taking pictures of him is a little bit of a challenge as he doesn't sit still very long. We had to get very inventive to find something to stop him long enough for a couple of shots.

Then there was the First Birthday party of Addison. She is just a little minute of a thing. Having weighed just mere ounces when born you would never know that she was a little premie from the way she gets around and how smart the little monkey is. We had a lot of fun watching her dig into her cake and open presents.

My little Cash always has a 'cheese' for me when I have the camera. He had just polished off some yummy 'pink' birthday cake and was playing with one of his favorite things in this world - balloons.



So that has been my last two weeks. There were many, many more faces that I was fortunate enough to have spent time with over the last two weeks, just didn't get any photos of them. These people are all so much a part of my life. I am so fortunate to have them.

5 comments:

Junebug said...

You can see the fun you had with your Ya-Ya sisters. And then those adorable grandkids. How cute!!! I so enjoy visitng your blog, hugs!

beckyw said...

Love it! I so enjoy your blog, my dear friend! Your stories with your pics are marvelous! Have a great day!

Rudloff5 said...

Enjoyed your post. Glad you got to see some of the grandkids!

Autumn Belle said...

It is so wonderful to capture these expressions of joy and happiness. Grand kids are grand blessings indeed!

The Clamors said...

awwww, how sweet. oh what memories huh. not sure if you print your blog Deb, but you may want to start. I do, but of course I'm behind...on blogging AND printing, lol. i love the pics and stories. as i read your blog i hear your voice :) love you!

Followers

Search This Blog