Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Funky Junk Style

A friend of mine is opening a new store - we hope. I asked if I could help decorate because I love nothing more than to decorate using money that isn't mine!! She told me she loved the funky junk style that I too so dearly love. I have been saving what Jeff calls 'crap' for years, all packed away in my someday 'cottage garden studio' and I was telling my friend how I have this collection and not doing anything with it. OK not much of a story but it set the stage for an epiphany a little later. Oh and what one man calls 'crap' another woman calls 'treasures' - ole Jeff he gives me a hard time but he brings me home more 'treasures' than not - I just had to add that little note.

Then this weekend, while organizing my scrap area I thought of the little nook in my laundry room that has no purpose and decided it was time to make it useful. So what to do, what to do?? I think I need some more storage, would like to have a place for my sewing machine that I don't use but would if I had a place to put it. I will eventually need a place to put my old extra large chair that will soon need to be removed from the living room. What else could I use this space for and what to decorate it with? And then I thought of my conversation with my friend and the crap I mean junk I have been saving and thought why not - so now here I am on a journey to find inspiration for my funky junk.  I went here - one of my favorite blogs to help out. This gals decorating is just amazing to me. Her name is  Donna and you can visit her site here: http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ She has so many amazing ideas that I could never begin to tell you about them all. If you have some time stop on over and check out her site. Right now I am going to read her post about PC to Mac review.................... and below, well here are just a few photos I have found that gave me some more ideas.

AND.........I have the stairs to do this!!
I will be taking some before photos of my area and then I am going to strip it down; finish scrapping the walls and repaint and then.............let the fun begin!

2 comments:

beckyw said...

"LOOOOOVE IT!" -Singing loudly & off-key!

The Clamors said...

I can soooo see your stairway looking like that! LOTS to do :)

Followers

Search This Blog