Friday, October 23, 2009

Jaxon's Quilt

Look, Look What I Did! Ok this really isn't a quilt - it's a panel with trim put around it BUT for me it was a HUGE project. What should have taken about 4 hours to make took about 10. My mentor, Becky, assures me that it wasn't my fault that the material stretched and the quilting machine messed up but.......we all know that me behind a sewing machine is an accident waiting to happen. I made this for Jaxon's birthday (a little late I'm afraid) but gramps said "no more toys" - so what's a gramma to do? I saw this little lap quilt or wall hanging or whatever it is in Rapid City on our fall ride and I just knew it would be fun to sew.



I love how bright and colorful it is.



The inside panels were all witchy and pumkiny. OK that's not a word but you know what I mean.



Can you see the quilting? I love Becky's quiltiing machine and once she put on some good ole' cowpoke music It was really easy to sway the machine and quilt.





The back shows the quilting a little better, it's pumpkins. Can you see the design. I loved the back too, with all those eyeballs. Hope it doesn't scare him.

5 comments:

Robin Beck said...

It's wonderful! What an inspiration you are. I love all the colors too, and the way the pumpkins are stitched in the back.
I bet he just loves it!

Have a great weekend,

Robin~♥

The Clamors said...

LOL...you're so funny Deb, it's VERY cute & fun :) I'm sure Jaxon will LOVE it! If not, I'll take it...hehe.

Brandi said...

Jaxon will love his "magic" quilt! Papa is right, my kids have too many toys, but they so enjoy each and every one of them!

Misty said...

My "bigger little guy" is a Halloween FREAK!! That would be right up his alley! Too cute!

Lisa said...

So cute! Love it!

Followers

Search This Blog