Monday, July 20, 2009

I Heard The Locust!

Does anyone else have a sound that they love to hear, like a baby laughing or a Meadowlark in the summer or that first Robin whistle? Well, I love the sound of locust, the one that everyone dreads because the old wives tale is that you will have the first frost 6 weeks from that date. To me it means two things; summer is in full bloom and fall is just around the corner. Soon I will see the faint yellow tips on the trees and my heart will leap. I love fall, I love the late summer days also. The smells, the colors, the cool nights and warm days.
So I am off to Sheridan for two days to go to the ultra sound with Damion and Daunee'. We think it's a boy but who knows for sure............I am still holding out for a little girl. That means I have to get a whole lot of work done in a short time. Thanks to Jeremy for taking care of the dogs and to Becky for watering the flowers; to Jim for looking out for staffing problems and to my Staff for NO PROBLEMS!!

5 comments:

Shay said...

Wondered over today ;) Funny isn't it, I was sitting out on the deck just last night and said to myself "no way, was that a locust?" You betcha...

Good luck with the ultra sound. How exciting all these babies. We've sure waited patiently for ours and now can't wait for the arrival :)

Shay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rudloff5 said...

Have a great time in Sheridan!

Misty said...

Saturday night over here they were like a chorus! Have a safe trip to WY! I can't wait to hear the verdict. I'll cross my fingers for a baby girl!

beckyw said...

YAY for a getway for YOU! Have a great time and we will be over soon to have a look at your yard!!!!

Followers

Search This Blog