Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Week

After working 14 to 16 hour days over the weekend I crashed today on my day off. The Fort opened with a bang and as usual we had many hours of training our new help. I think we have a great staff this year and I am hoping for a great season. Of course as always there were kinks to work out such as problems with computers, cash registers and the like but overall it was a great holiday. I don't think the economy slowed anything down which is great for the area. I do feel a little jealous for all of the people who actually get to enjoy a vacation, a holiday camping out and enjoying the summer but I know that my off time is really good too! Just everyone is back to work so I don't have anyone to share it with. On May 23rd. I started my 5th year at the Fort. That is just so hard for me to believe that I have been there that long but I have. It is a wonderful place to work - most of the time. Well here is hoping you all had a great start to the summer.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

No more 14-16 hour days! It's not worth wasting $50,000 plus! And don't forget to take another day off this week-they owe it to you for working today!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Deb -- I'm so glad the weekend went well at the Fort. I'm also relieved to hear that you're taking some time off, even if it is just a day here and there. We all work too hard and don't enjoy life enough as it is!

Hope all are well!! I'm so behind on blogs, so I'm attempting to get caught up with everyone. Thanks for your kind words and prayers for my cousin Jenny. I'm so glad she'll be going home tomorrow (if everything shakes out like the doctors are hoping!!).

Thanks again -- take care -- JB

Followers

Search This Blog