Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'M A GOOD HEALER

Yup, that is what my Dr. told me today. I had my 3 month check and sure enough on the x-ray you could see the bone starting to grow. I just knew that it was better. Last week I had the best week ever and, could for the first time in 25 years, say I was pretty much pain free! Doc said that I still had some spondolthesis (the instability of the vertebrae) but it was less and should continue to get better. I will start PT hopefully next week, they are suppose to teach me some exercises that will strengthen my back, and show me what my limitations are as far as bending. I still can't lift over 20 lbs, nor can I sweep, rake or hoe in my garden but the GOOD news...I can take my back brace off while at home in the house or at work as long as I am sitting at my desk. So the first thing I did when I got home was tear that thing off and walk around the house and sit in my chair. It felt SOOOOOOOO good!. Next I am going to try laying down on the couch...funny those things that we take for granted - I shall cherish them now. So for all of you who have cheered me on, prayed for me, helped me out in any way - Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I just feel like I am starting my life all over again. As a matter of fact, Jeff pulled me out of Menards today because I just kept telling him all of the projects I want to do. Of course he is a little bit worried cuz that means he will be doing projects too. I think he was pretty happy to see me happy and know that things are on the right track. I never thought I would say this but he has been an ANGEL. And I was worried he wouldn't help me! Between him and Brandi they took such good care of me, how could I not heal up. Next check up 4 months from now. Jeff and I have already made plans to ride the bike to Rapid to the apt. and then go on up to Sturgis, we are so excited!! Ok enough - later everyone.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go Debbie! Just don't do too much too soon...I know you! Congrats on the good news! Love ya!

Followers

Search This Blog